Event Hosting

Interested in hosting a community event, festival or fundraiser? The City of Langley is home to many beautiful parks and outdoor venues to host your upcoming outdoor event.  Please see the information below to learn more about hosting an event in our community.

How do I get started?

  1. Download the Event Application Form
  2. Submit your completed Event Application Form by fax to 604-530-8596 or
    events email

For more information about hosting an event contact the Recreation Supervisor - Events:  Phone: 604-514-2902 or
events email

What Events Must Follow This Process?

Throughout the year, the City of Langley is home to several special events requiring a great deal of planning, communication, and cooperation.

The City of Langley intends to be proactive in attracting new special events to our community, as well as working with the existing event organizers to further the success of their events. The management of special events on City of Langley property requires the coordinated efforts of City staff to ensure the event operates safely and adheres to applicable by-laws, policies, and procedures.

The primary characteristics of Special Events is that they: are open to the public, are a celebration or display of a specific theme, take place annually or less frequently, or have a definite opening and closing time. Some examples of special events that must follow this process are community festivals, walk-a-thons, car shows, fundraisers, and parades.

Weddings, birthday parties, anniversary parties and other functions not open to the public do not constitute a special event that needs to follow this process. Any event held on property that is not City of Langley property does not need to follow this process.


City of Langley Documents:

Banner Application and Guidelines

Community Grants - Financial Assistance

Event Application Form

Fall Protection Plan Application and Guidelines

Special Events Policy and Procedures Manual

Street Closure Map for Events

Other Resources:

BC Ministry of Public Safety - Class D Gaming Event Licence Guidelines and Conditions

Fraser Health - Temporary Food Permit Application

SBC Insurance - Special Events Liability Insurance Application

Sound Level Decibel Chart and Information