“Dead centre of the entire region, the City of Langley is a great strategic location and a great place to do business.The City of Langley reviewed,processed and approved our Development Permit Application in 13 days! That has to be a record!” — Christian Chia, President/CEO, OpenRoad Auto Group
The City of Langley welcomes property developers and investors. With a mission to provide streamlined customer service, the City of Langley continues to receive top marks for approval process timing, as well as for one of the lowest commercial to residential tax rates in Metro Vancouver. (View NAIOP’s Annual Cost of Business Survey).
Or peruse some of our developer-oriented resources below. If you seek additional information, such as targeted properties for redevelopment, please contact our Development Services and Economic Development Department.
- Residential Development Sector Profile
- Development Costs
- Development Applications
- Building Permits
- Business Licenses
- Downtown Revitalization Tax Exemption
- Bylaw & Zoning Change Brochure: “Open the Door to New Possibilities”
- Brownfield Redevelopment Strategy Webpage
- Brownfield Redevelopment Brochure: “Turning Brown into Green”
- Downtown Master Plan Brochures:
(1) Our Vision for the Future
(2) Urban Design & Economic Analysis
(3) Public Realm Plan: “From Grey to Green”
- Official Community Plan
- Community Development Plans
- Strategies & Studies
- Interactive Maps: Our GIS (Geographic Information System) allows you to view properties, utilities, streets, parks, aerial photographs and a wealth of other information. Two versions are available: Desktop Edition and a Mobile Edition.
- Property Information System
- Map of Multi-Family Residential Potential
Other available strategies and plans affecting development are listed under Economic Development services.